Cranberry Pecan Muffins
170g butter or margarine, softened
8ml vanilla extract
345g sour cream
375g all-purpose flour
7g baking powder
3g baking soda
2g ground nutmeg
125g coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
80g chopped pecans
0.6g ground nutmeg
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add vanilla and fold in sour cream.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
6. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
7. Bake at 205°C for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool for 5 minutes before moving from pans to wire racks.