Four way of Tomato, Burrata, Pine nuts Granola, Radicchio, Mango and Basil
1 english tomato
1 plum tomato
50g cherry tomato
50g vine tomato
12 basil leaves
1 ball burrata mozzarella
1. Slice English tomato and plum tomato in 1cm slices, slice cherry tomato and vine tomato in half.
2. Pick the small basil leaves off stems and wash well, do the same with the radicchio.
3. Slice the ball of mozzarella burrata in large cubes.
4. Cube the mango in 1cm dice.
5. Arrange decoratively on plate, and sprinkle with pine nut granola.
Pine nut granola
2 cup white puffed rice cereal
1 cup pine nuts
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
1 tsp basil seeds
1 tbs salt
1½ tsp minced garlic
1½ tsp pimend’ espellette
2 quarts canola oil (frying)
1 cup basil leaves
¼ cup glucose syrup
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl combine puffed rice, pine nuts, parmesan, basil seeds, salt, pimen d’ espellette (chilli flakes) and garlic.
3. Heat the oil to 400°F in a large pot, fry the basil very quickly, transfer to towel, remove all oil. Add basil to puff mixture.
4. Warm glucose in pot until liquefied, pour over rice mixture, toss until evenly incorporated and spread onto one of the baking sheets.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake for the next 20 minutes to bake evenly.
Recipe by Reuben Riffel from Reuben’s Restaurant