250g unbleached all-purpose flour
400g white sugar
65g unsweetened cocoa powder
3g baking powder
235ml vegetable oil
5ml vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla and mix until well blended.
4. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny.
6. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Note: To make brownies more solid, cook for longer than the recommended time. This recipe is great for people with egg or dairy allergies.